Thursday, March 17, 2011

deep scottish love

DSL. It’s a wonderful, glorious thing. In June of 2010, I spent a few days in Edinburgh and five days on an organized tour through the Highlands. The five day tour of Scotland was one of the best five days of my life. Of course, being nineteen years old, most of my huge life experiences are just starting, but so far Scotland has been one of the best. The tour was run by Haggis Adventures, a company I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good-time tour with amazing guides, fantastic people and life long memories. I chose to do a tour through the Highlands and after my tour of Ireland, I couldn’t imagine a tour that could beat it. To my happy surprise, the Highland Fling did just that, far exceeding my expectations. It was five days filled with love, magic and nature. Castles, hairy coo’s and green mountains all wonderfully accentuated by Scotland’s history. Scotsmen have a way of unleashing their manly sexy-ness in a silly, exasperating and oddly romantic way. I met a group of unique and inspiring individuals and together we experienced the best of Scotland riding in a big yellow bus driven by two guides who went above and beyond. Thank you to everyone who shared those five days with me. While Scotland may not always be sunny, the people and the beauty easily make up for that. Nowhere in the world will you experience love like the Deep Scottish Love that the Scots will throw upon you.

Loch Ness                                                                         Isle of Skye                      

Hamish the Hairy Coo!
                               "Neverland", where J.M. Barrie was inspired to write Peter Pan.


Ayemac <3

No comments:

Post a Comment